The Glaser Safety Slug® was designed in 1974 in response to the possibility of having to use a handgun on an airplane by the Sky Marshals. The concerns at that time were over penetration on soft tissue and ricochets on hard surfaces and possible overall excess penetration.
Today, Glaser® offers this excellent performing self defense round for civilian use. It is recommended for the urban dweller and anyone who is concerned with over penetration. Courthouses, hospitals, amusement parks and similar security agencies have found that the Glaser Safety Slug® provides exactly what is needed.
Glaser Safety Slug® works exactly as it was designed to do over 30 years ago. Using a copper jacket, it is filled with a compressed load of either #12 or # 6 lead shot, then capped with a round polymer ball that enhances feeding and reloading.The Safety Slug bullet design assures that there will be no over penetration as well as reducing the likelihood of a ricochet on hard surfaces while still causing significant soft tissue destruction.
Safety Slug's® features still make this a a perfect round for home defense and close quarter security. Test results are PROVEN to show devastating tissue damage for effective stopping power. If over penetration is your question, Glaser Safety Slug® is your answer.
- Glaser® Blue Safety Slug’s compressed #12 Shot with a 5 to 7-inch penetration rate is ideally suited for areas with warmer climate and lighter clothing.
- Glaser® Silver Safety Slug’s Compressed #6 Shot with a 6 to 8-inch penetration rate is ideally suited for areas with cooler climates and heavier clothing.
- Reliable feeding and reloading
- Minimizes concerns with over penetration and ricochets on hard surfaces
- Excellent for close quarter security